GIRARDI | KEESE – Experience you can count on for 55 years
Tom Girardi opened the doors of Girardi | Keese in downtown Los Angeles in 1965, to help anyone who had been injured or harmed by providing excellent legal representation and a willingness to go to trial to help them achieve justice.
What was then a small office has grown into a nationally recognized law firm, providing innovative legal representation in some of the most significant and complex cases of the last 50 years. Girardi | Keese’s lawyers remain experts in a broad variety of practice areas, helping people obtain substantial compensation for severe physical injuries, toxic exposure, wrongful termination, and wrongful death.
The firm has achieved more than $10 billion in verdicts and settlements during its history, including the incredible $4.85 billion recovery against the Merck Corporation for harm caused by Vioxx; a $2.2 billion recovery for California consumers defrauded by Sempra in the California energy crisis; $785 million recovered against Lockheed in the Skunk Works litigation; $633 million for the residents of Hinkley, California poisoned by PG&E; and $545 million in a class action against Farmers Group and Zurich Financial Services.
Girardi | Keese is the firm that other lawyers look to for securing results. The firm prides itself on the relationships it has developed in the broader legal community and has an extensive network of attorneys who refer cases for collaborative work.
Girardi | Keese has eight lawyers who have been recognized as members of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) and eleven lawyers recognized as Super Lawyers.
Girardi|Keese Firm Overview
A Voice for the Injured Since 1965
From the first million-dollar medical malpractice verdict in California (1970) to a $1.9 billion settlement for California consumers to a $25,000 verdict for a homeless man bitten by a dog, every case Girardi | Keese handles receives the care and resources that come from our collective experience.
We have a passion for righting wrongs and serving our clients.
We believe in:
- Speaking for wronged people: When people are injured or killed because of someone else’s actions, they deserve fair compensation. Our personal injury attorneys are willing and able to go up against huge companies to speak for individuals who have been harmed.
- Developing winning cases: Tough, complex cases require significant resources, including expert witnesses; engineering, medical and scientific knowledge; and dedicated attorney and financial resources. Our attorneys discuss cases as a group, drawing ideas and creative approaches from collaboration. Our trial experience is exceptional — 11 attorneys are members of ABOTA (American Board of Trial Advocates).
- Working with lawyer referrals: Most of our cases come from lawyer referrals, because lawyers want the best representation available for their clients. Referring attorneys become a part of our legal team for the duration of the case.
- Assuring our future: Our past has been filled with rewarding experience. We work every day to assure that tomorrow’s Girardi | Keese law firm will be even stronger and more successful. When we bring in promising new lawyers, we give them all the support they need to reach their full potential.
- Serving the community: We have been fortunate as a law firm. We share our financial rewards and professional experience with the community around us.
- Changing the law: It is not enough to sue individuals and businesses that have harmed others. Our law firm works in Sacramento and in Washington, D.C., to strengthen the laws that protect individuals.
In all of our practice areas, from personal injury to business litigation, from intellectual property to product liability, Girardi | Keese lawyers have an extraordinary depth of experience. We work hard, but we enjoy every minute of it.
We know that the work we do helps people move on with their lives even after terrible tragedies. And we know that we are making the world a better and safer place. Contact us to discuss your case. We represent clients throughout California and nationwide.
SCHEDULE A FREE CASE EVALUATION
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours. If you have a legal matter you would like to discuss with an attorney from our firm, please call us at
800-401-4530 or complete and submit the email form below, and we will get back to you.